Thursday 19 January 2017

Evaluation

Question 1

Powered by emaze
Question 2



Question 3


Question 4


Question 5




Question 6-What have you  learnt about technologies from the processof constructing the product?


Question 7


Planning and shooting comparison
My planning and preparation has improved greatly from my preliminary task to the film opening. When planning our prelim task, I only made 1 story board and did not sort out the shot list prior to shooting. This caused some confusion with what sequences we had recorded and what ones we hadn’t which meant that a lot of time went to waste and we ended up not having enough time to edit the footage to a good quality. Another issue that we had because we didn’t plan our shots was that we had to go back and film more shots on multiple days because as we were reviewing the footage after each day we found that certain, important shots had been missed. It was very time-consuming to keep going out and recording when he should have been editing the clips.
The shooting quality of my work has improved a lot as well. I have learnt to properly handle the camera equipment. The tripod that I had was hard to use at first but once I had practiced a couple of times, I worked out how to properly use the angles and different height adjustors. My handheld camera work also improved a lot. Prior to shooting the preliminary task, my camerawork was always shaky and lost focus frequently, but after shooting a couple of scenes multiple times, I managed to understand how to handle the camera so that the quality of footage was much higher.

Editing progression
Before starting media, I did not know how to use Premier Pro at all. My knowledge of editing only extended to windows movie maker, and even that was basic. After a few practice edits using random clips, my skills using the program developed substantially and my interest in editing grew. I discovered how to implement audio and visual effects into a clip and how to add text, which helped me to add the titles we needed in our film opening.

Problems, Weaknesses and Strengths
Problems that I encountered with my prelim task was the lighting and audio were very difficult to match up. The lighting on the day that we filmed was constantly changing as it was cloudy intervals, and the locations at which we filmed were either outside near a busy road or inside where the sound echoed a lot. This resulted in the quality of footage being lower than we had intended and I had to edit some properties in post-production to combat these negative effects.

Strengths of our task was that we included many different camera angles and shots in the film. This added individuality and a uniqueness to our film as other preliminary tasks did not have as many creative shots in them. The effects that I used over the footage when editing was also a strength because it allowed us to show the past without spending huge amounts to money. The locations at which we shot helped us greatly as many of the other groups only shot in one location, whereas we used a church graveyard in our preliminary task.


No comments:

Post a Comment